The Art of English: Reading, Writing and Speaking across Genres and Formats.
Literary Horizons is a comprehensive language arts material for advanced ESL students. Through a well-defined path, students will engage in the analysis of various literary genres including short stories, plays, poems, songs, speeches and graphic novels. Grammar and writing support is also provided to assist students in the production of a literary analysis essay.
- A focus on short stories with a complete coverage of poetry and drama, as well as songs, graphic novels and non-fiction which provide teachers with variety and flexibility in their literary courses
- A detailed and structured writing program which enables students to write a complete literary analysis essay
- A comprehensive online program with reading and vocabulary exercises, and a full online grammar program
Maximize your learning experience
Practise your literary interpretation and essay writing skills online:
- Literary analysis elements practice
- Vocabulary comprehension exercises
- Additional comprehension questions
- Essay writing elements practice
- Editing and proofreading exercises
Improve your writing through an online grammar program:
- Theory on advanced grammatical topics
- Extensive practice
Check your results as you complete the activities and quickly identify notions you should review.
Monitor your progress in the gradebook.
Access two additional chapters complementing the short story and drama sections in the book, audio and video recordings, worksheets and various projects.