LEAP 3 - Listening and Speaking
Succeed in the academic world
LEAP is a comprehensive four-level series in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) with two strands to meet different needs: Reading/Writing and Listening/Speaking. LEAP gives students the language, skills and critical thinking they need for a successful start to their college or university studies.
LEAP 3: Listening and Speaking New Edition
- Each chapter includes three listening texts on a contemporary topic. The new edition includes an authentic video and an authentic audio in each chapter.
- The texts present realistic academic listening contexts, with a variety of styles and points of view.
- Students refine their knowledge of grammar notions to build accuracy , which they apply in speaking tasks, and learn mostly academic vocabulary in focused Vocabulary Build sections.
- Focuses on skills (listening/speaking) develop students language strategies, which they apply first in the Warm-Up Assignment and then in the Final Assignment.
- An explicit focus on a critical thinking strategy in each chapter is reinvested through activities that foster reflection, analyzing different points of view and synthesis.
- Objectives developed with GSE learning goals
- Focus on Critical Thinking in each chapter and Critical Connections task at the end of the chapter to reinvest content
- Focus on Accuracy in each chapter to refine student’s knowledge of English grammar
- Listening and Speaking Coursebook includes a video extract in each chapter
- More emphasis on STEM topics
- Updated content: 80% new readings and listening texts
- Improved organization and content in e-space platform
- Teacher’s Manual available in the e-space platform Documents
E-space: Get Connected > Practise > Succeed!
LEAP e-space offers:
- self-graded exercises to reinforce and extend classroom learning and help students succeed
- additional, flexible content for students and teachers who want to go beyond the coursebook
- resource documents, testing materials and an easy-to-use gradebook to support teachers
- LEAP online components help students consolidate what they learn in class and provide opportunities for blended learning.
- E-space offers additional practice and extension activities in reading, writing, speaking and listening; support documents for students and teachers; and a variety of adaptable testing materials.
- Automatic correction and a clear, informative gradebook keep students up-to-date on their progress and save teachers time.
- Teachers can add or edit exercises to tailor online homework to their students’ needs.
- The teacher eText of the print book facilitates classroom presentations.
- The LEAP 3 teacher eText provides answer keys. E-space Documents includes printable answer keys that can be shared with students.
- eText with answer keys
- Teacher’s Manual in the e-space platform Documents including a chapter walkthrough, teaching tips and answer keys
- Transcripts of all listening texts
- Chapter tests in two formats: online and print
- Midterm and final exams