On Track – Activity Book 4 + Digital Components – STUDENT (12-month)
An effective combination of print and digital content
An effective all-in-one activity book
Make your Secondary 4 students shine in English! Get a well-designed activity book including interrelated THEME-BASED CHAPTERS and GRAMMAR UNITS, with reading, writing, vocabulary, oral activities, grammar and more. Everything you need, all in one book!
Spark your students' interest
Appealing themes such as "Fifteen Minutes of Fame," "The Butterfly Effect" and "Music to My Ears" will get your students on board for English class. It's much easier to help students progress in their learning when they're motivated.
Get content that's within students' reach yet challenging
On Track 4 features texts made accessible through the use of high-frequency words and specific preparation tasks. The material also includes watching activities that help students understand authentic media texts. Text models and a step-by-step approach to final tasks offer support for writing. More structured options for all oral-interaction tasks ensure even weaker students can interact orally. Meanwhile, stronger students will find writing and speaking challenges in the Go Further sections. All the content is geared toward supporting students in their learning, building their self-confidence and ensuring they can all benefit from the material, whatever their level.
Six exciting and thought-provoking theme-based chapters feature:
- meaningful development of grammar in context
- conscious recycling of targeted vocabulary words in each chapter
- reading texts made easily accessible through use of high-frequency vocabulary
- structured tasks that develop reading strategies, grammar knowledge and vocabulary comprehension
- reinvestment activities to recycle new language and concepts
- watching activities with support for understanding authentic media texts
- oral-interaction activities with differentiated models for extra guidance
- Go Further activities that challenge students to apply what they have learned
- step-by-step Final Tasks that encourage students to use their newly acquired vocabulary and grammar knowledge in their own writing
Twelve grammar-based units feature:
- thorough presentation of grammar rules, with clear charts and examples
- short texts for students to observe grammar structures in context
- exercises that range from recognition and understanding to production and editing
- editing exercises that teach students to identify and correct common errors
- It's Your Turn activities that challenge students to apply grammar rules in a final writing task
- What Have You Learned?, which tests students on their understanding of grammar structures
- Grammar Review, which offers opportunities for mixed practice
- a colour-coded referencing system that conveniently connects the grammar units to the theme-based chapters and allows flexibility for both teacher and student
The Reference Section features:
- strategies and tips for understanding texts
- models of different text types
- a glossary
- a chart on capitalization and punctuation
- a chart of irregular verbs
A 16-page Review Section , at the end of the book, covers grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing.
On Track 4, Second Edition STUDENT Digital Components (12-month access) offers students even more interactivity!
This product includes the following resources for students*:
- a digital version of the Activity Book
- all the audio and video clips that accompany the activity book
- reading strategy video demos
- dynamic grammar videos
- short story handouts
- vocabulary lists
- interactive exercises
- an additional reading (infomation text) with comprehension questions for each chapter
- a short story with comprehension questions for each chapter
- vocabulary activities
- additional exercises for each grammar unit
*A teacher digital set is required for students to access interactive activities.
The digital version of the Activity Book and the online exercises can be accessed with any computer or tablet with an Internet connection, at home or at school. Go to our Help site to find out the minimum system requirements for optimal use of ERPI digital components.