LEAP 2, 2nd ed. - Reading and Writing
LEAP: Reading and Writing is a four-level task-based series for students preparing for college or university studies in English. It encourages students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic reading and writing tasks across a range of disciplines. Featuring a variety of challenging readings, a strong focus on vocabulary acquisition, and detailed guidance through the writing process, LEAP: Reading and Writing offers students the skills they need to be successful in the academic world.
New to This Edition
- Stronger focus on STEM and business topics exposes students to the types of academic topics and contexts they will be immersed in their degree programs.
- Stronger focus on critical thinking: Each chapter now contains a Critical Thinking rubric, and each chapter ends with a Critical Connections task allowing students to build on what they have learned and applying it to new ideas.
- Learning outcomes are based on the Global Scale of English (GSE), ensuring learning paths are logical and progressive
- Reading comprehension activities (pre, during, and post) have been reworked to provide more structure and guidance.
- Authentic reading texts from a variety of sources help students to improve their reading skills.
- Focus on reading, writing, and academic survival skills to develop specific competencies, which students apply to the assignments.
- Final in-depth writing assignments synthesize the chapter contents.
- Critical Connections section requires students to apply skills learned in previous chapters and to develop critical thinking skills.