LEAP 3 - Listening and Speaking
Succeed in the academic world.
LEAP is a comprehensive four-level series in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) with two strands to meet different needs: Reading/Writing and Listening/Speaking. LEAP gives students the language, skills and critical thinking they need for a successful start to their college or university studies.
LEAP 3: Listening and Speaking New Edition
- Each chapter includes three listening texts on a contemporary topic. The new edition includes an authentic video and an authentic audio in each chapter.
- The texts present realistic academic listening contexts, with a variety of styles and points of view.
- Students refine their knowledge of grammar notions to build accuracy , which they apply in speaking tasks, and learn mostly academic vocabulary in focused Vocabulary Build sections.
- Focuses on skills (listening/speaking) develop students language strategies, which they apply first in the Warm-Up Assignment and then in the Final Assignment.
- An explicit focus on a critical thinking strategy in each chapter is reinvested through activities that foster reflection, analyzing different points of view and synthesis.
- Objectives developed with GSE learning goals
- Focus on Critical Thinking in each chapter and Critical Connections task at the end of the chapter to reinvest content
- Focus on Accuracy in each chapter to refine student’s knowledge of English grammar
- Listening and Speaking Coursebook includes a video extract in each chapter
- More emphasis on STEM topics
- Updated content: 80% new readings and listening texts