LEAP 1A - Reading and Writing
LEAP: Reading and Writing is a four-level task-based series for students preparing for college or university studies in English. It encourages students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic reading and writing tasks across a range of disciplines. Featuring a variety of challenging readings, a strong focus on vocabulary acquisition, and detailed guidance through the writing process, LEAP: Reading and Writing offers students the skills they need to be successful in the academic world.
New to This Edition
- Stronger focus on STEM and business topics exposes students to the types of academic topics and contexts they will be immersed in their degree programs.
- Stronger focus on critical thinking: Each chapter now contains a Critical Thinking rubric, and each chapter ends with a Critical Connections task allowing students to build on what they have learned and applying it to new ideas.
- Learning outcomes are based on the Global Scale of English (GSE), ensuring learning paths are logical and progressive
- Reading comprehension activities (pre, during, and post) have been reworked to provide more structure and guidance.
- Authentic reading texts from a variety of sources help students to improve their reading skills.
- Focus on reading, writing, and academic survival skills to develop specific competencies, which students apply to the assignments.
- Final in-depth writing assignments synthesize the chapter contents.
- Critical Connections section requires students to apply skills learned in previous chapters and to develop critical thinking skills.
What digital content does Avenues offer on the i+ Interactive platform?
I+ Interactive is a well-established platform which has been designed specifically with teachers and students in mind. It will provide you with optimal navigation features and a simple, user-friendly interface to enjoy the wealth of tailored ELT content our products have to offer.
You and your students will find everything you need for an ideal teaching and learning experience:
Students can access resources such as:
- Vocabulary review exercises.
- Additional comprehension exercises based on listening texts from the Student Book.
- New content related to themes in the Student Book.
- Vocabulary lists by chapter and master Academic Word List, audio and video files for textbook listenings, and a referencing guide.