Break Away - Secondary 1
Get the Break Away 1 Activity Book, the digital version of the Activity Book and Interactive activities for 12 months!
This product includes*:
- Break Away Activity Book 1 + Grammar Booklet 1, New Ed.
- STUDENT Digital Components
*A teacher digital set is required for students to access interactive activities.
Break Away Activity Book 1 + Grammar Booklet 1, New Ed.
Teach your students the skills they need to communicate confidently in English. The Break Away 1 Activity Book offers activities that focus on quantifiable vocabulary acquisition and incorporate an innovative approach to differentiation. Students learn the words they need by repeating them in oral interaction, reading and writing.
Start each unit with the Break Open activity to introduce the unit theme and end with the Your Turn writing activity to sum up the unit. Grammar and vocabulary workshops follow each unit.
Enjoy six original unit themes
The Break Away 1 Activity Book presents six captivating themes: What's Your Sign?; The Morality of Zoos; Supervillains; Programmed to Be Friends; Rainy with a Chance of Fish; Unusual Sports. These original themes were designed to get students' attention!
The Break Away 1 Activity Book features
- approximately 50 high-frequency words presented and reinforced in each unit and vocabulary workshop, for a total of 300 high-frequency words to acquire over the year;
- reading, listening and watching activities with colour-coded tasks that provide extra support for lower-level students and enrichment for advanced students;
- oral activities that have students progress from controlled practice, with variations of suggested patterns, to free speech based on meaningful information-gap activities;
- three fun and stimulating projects;
- a reference section of useful resources.
Improve students' grammar with the Grammar Booklet FREE!
The Grammar Booklet is included with the Activity Book. This 64-page booklet is now offered in a revised, full-colour edition and contains all the notions covered in the Activity Book so that students can practise, review and apply them. The booklet also presents additional rules and provides mixed-practice activities to encourage grammatical usage. Click Contents in the left menu to see the table of contents.